It's been a couple of months now that I have started eating healthier....I lessened my intake of rice to once a day (I'd have one cheat day though over the weekend) and would normally have salads at work. This is one of my favorite salads as it combines greens and some fruits as well.
Ingredients:
Assorted Greens (normally bought packed and washed, ready to eat)
Pomelo Wedges
Grapes
Cucumber
Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing
1 cup Olive Oil
3 Tbsp. Honey Vinegar
1/4 tsp. Dried Tarragon
1/4 cup strawberry preserve or strawberry jam
salt
pepper
sugar
Procedure:
Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend. Set Aside.
Arrange greens, pomelo wedges, grapes and cucumber in a bowl. Serve with dressing on the side or drizzled on top.
Enjoy!
Note: This salad works with grilled rosemary chicken breast and also with grilled paprika prawns :)
Good job on eating healthy! I am on a Chicken & Fish diet from M-Sat but I allow myself to eat whatever I want on Sundays. Part of my bucket list is to lessen my carnivorous cravings for a healthy heart :)
ReplyDelete